“Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well.”
― George R.R. Martin
“All in all, it was a never-to-be-forgotten summer — one of those summers which come seldom into any life, but leave a rich heritage of beautiful memories in their going — one of those summers which, in a fortunate combination of delightful weather, delightful friends and delightful doing, come as near to perfection as anything can come in this world.” ―L.M. Montgomery
soaking up the sun
with the last day of school having passed us, we are slowly switching into summer mode.
i don’t know about you, but i have plenty of blissful memories of summer as a child and i am hoping to bring to life some of those feeling again. while the boys may be too young to really remember this specific summer, i know i will carry these memories with me which makes it all the more important to let the dudes be little. we are looking forward to the space summer brings, the freedom, and the chaos of being bored, swimming, and keeping cool.
over this summer (summer 2017, what up!!), i hope to teach A to swim under water, get the little bear to use the potty (yes motherhood is exciting), and get my new book (co-authored with Nancy Alder from Flying Yogini) written and the editing process begun. below is my list of summer fun, what’s your favorite thing to do during summer?
- make s’mores with the boys
- spend some time at the beach, swim in the ocean, go shell hunting
- camp in the yard (probably happening at mimi’s house)
- library visits once a week to keep our imaginations going
- splash in our kiddie pool daily (unless it’s raining)
- get to the big pool 2x a week too
- eat popsicles and make smoothies to keep cool
- be bored!
- nap, lounge, and laugh daily
- spend time with our friends and family
- do yoga with the kiddos
while the list isn’t too long, i feel like summer is supposed to be about hanging out and enjoying life. freedom, fun, and definitely a little chaos!