“When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier.” ― Diane Von Furstenberg
“Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.” ― Tina Fey
There are LOTS of articles online about different ways to care for yourself, this isn’t really one of them. I’m not going to explain anything or how you should take, interpret these how you will. After all, this is your self-care! I will be dividing them into categories over the next few days. Today daily acts, next reminders that you should stop putting off and finally Splurges (These are to be used maybe once a quarter or every six months. You judge based on YOUR budget). Pick something new, make that appointment, or just be inspired. This is by far, not an extensive list. Feel free to share here your self-care here or on Instagram!
Let’s get started:
- Drink some water.
- Wash your face, day AND night.
- Brush your teeth and floss.
- Eat your greens (a salad, kale chips, whatever).
- Spend twenty minutes outside,
- Even better, eat your lunch outside.
- Spend some time alone,
- OR if you spend a lot of time alone, go hang out with friends.
- Read a book.
- Check your bank account daily, just so you know.
- Move your body: walk, run, jumping jacks, whatever!
- Enjoy some fruit, get messy.
- Write, paint, sketch, doodle. Get creative even if it is just for ten minutes.
- Watch the sunrise or sunset.
- Write down three things you are grateful for, EVERY SINGLE DAY!
- Meditate, even if it’s just for FIVE minutes
- Shower, bath, whatever but rinse your body.
- Exfoliate, our skin is always shedding, help your body out.
What are your daily acts of self care, self love, and what are you doing to keep your cup full?